Saturday, August 23, 2008

Whooo Glad that Day is Over!

Ever have one of those days when things just keep going as you didn't expect? Yesterday things went from bad to worse. Suffice it to say, I went to DMV for the FOURTH time trying to prove my residency, change of address didn't work, (those had LaVar's name on it), cable bill didn't work because of the before mentioned, Deed to my house didn't work they were faxed, life insurance didn't work because it wasn't a bill...... post offices (2) didn't have change of address forms, tried to change on line but Chase, who sent us credit cards here to Norfolk changed the address per post office change in Fallon from Fallon to Alexandria to LaVar's work..... got 3 mosquito bites at the garden center... can't get either printer to work.....and that's enough. I assure you there was more, but why remember? I just say "glad that day is over!" LaVar felt so sorry for me he took me out for dinner and that was fabulous! Stuffed eggplant and Shrimp Fettuicini that we shared. Then off to Wal-Mart for a Red Box video "Bella" which we like a lot.
Today we have hung pictures, mirrors etc to decorate our home. This was the stage we got to in Fallon and had to pack it up and leave so this was really fun to do it here. We are going to a baptism of Charlie Brown, a man about our age who is some kind of leader in the community which most are thrilled with. Then we are ready for a High Priest party with families. So many of the leaders of this ward are young had have young families. When LaVar volunteered us for this we just supposed was for adults, silly us. 2 weeks later it was announced it was for families I just choked.... but we will be fine. The Group Leader is bringing a grill and tables and chairs, we have a vacant lot for sale beside us and have permission to use it for croquet ( I know that is your set Tim, you probably need to get that to you. But for now we are glad we have it.) About 40 people are expected. Thanks for listening (reading) we are off to return the Red Box.

2 comments:

Collings Family said...

I'm so sorry about all of those things that went wrong for you! Somehow hearing that someone else goes through that sort of thing too makes me feel better when it happens to me. I liked Bella too.

Laura said...

WE have a croquet set, actually two I think...you can keep whatever one you've got! tim has been unsure about the details of graduation time, but I'd like to talk to you guys about your plans when I can. I don't have you number anymore since I have a new phone...so maybe call me!