Here we are. We closed on Friday. On Saturday we walked the neighborhood garage sales and met some nice people, and watched the sunset on the beach. Moved our stuff and checked out of the Residence Inn on Sunday and slept in our house.
The house seems large to me but in actual square footage its not much bigger that the Fallon house... which seems rented by the way. So much of it is stairs, no broken legs are needed or wanted.
What color is it? Beige, pink, buff? I never know what to call it.
Looks nicer in pictures than it really is. It has some age and needs cleaning and some care. The outside is vinyl siding.There seems to be plenty of yard work. I watch the neighbors spend 4-5 hours on their little parcels but they do a magnificent job of it. (eww, that is a price to pay, ours is one of the oldest in the hood and probably the least cared for, for the longest time. The most recent owner' husband just died of cancer.) Hope that is not contagious.
Here is our dining room.
Have air mattress will travel.
First act of service. On the way home from the garage sales we saw the kids (20+)of the people that live behind us struggling with a kiyak ( thats not how that is spelled) and dad offered to take them to the water. They accepted. The people behind us have 6 children and a few grandchildren he told us he bought this house to be a "grandchildren magnet" we laughed and dad told him we did the same thing. Their children live near, since ours are far, its going to have to be awfully strong pull, hope it works.
Saved the best for last, the view on a Sunday, we were just passing by.
#441162 - Latkes Smoked salmon Board for Hanukkah
-
[image: 1085274]
How to put together an EPIC Latkes, Smoked Salmon, and Caviar Board for
Hanukkah
craving more? check out TasteSpotting
5 years ago
8 comments:
SO happy for you! I know you can't wait for Wednesday!!! I wish we could be there with you...we'll look forward to it(((SOMEDAY)))
I just read the post (I had only looked before. I think the color is sand--of coarse! I think it looks nice and you have a very good start for a great yard with the existing shrubs! I am sure it won'rt be long before you will be finding just what grows well there and putting it in. It might be nice to have a break from major changes and only have light alterations and up keep.
The magnet part works... we all WISH we were there... it's just the getting there!
Looks Fabulous!
I was obviously looking at the wrong house on Google before. This house is beautiful. We are really tying to figure out a way to get up there ASAP.
looks great! We can't wait to come out there.
Forget grandchildren magnet, those houses are EVERYONE magnets! Jealous jealous jealous! Wish I could visit!
Beautiful! We will definitely have to take you up on the offer of visiting the easter beach :) I went to Virginia last summer (Newport news, Virginia beach, etc) to visit some friends and I loved it. We are definitely close enough to make the drive (about the same distance as Provo to the coast of California). Grant joined the Navy for dental school so there is actually a very good chance that we might end up in Norfolk for a couple years when he's done with school.
Post a Comment