These pictures were taken over several days. There isn't a day that goes by that something doesn't happen that I wish there was a child to share it with. It's so exciting some days or some part of the day. This ship was so quiet I almost missed it but it blew a horn as it came out of Little Creek Base and I ran to grab the camera. Ollie this one is for you!
This is a beginning to a walk I try and take every morning. This is the way out of the neighborhood and to the beach on the bay.
This is my goal and then I turn around and go back. The other day there was absolutely no one on the beach for as far as I could see. It was over cast that day and just a little bit of rain. It is soo very humid here that it is sometimes hard to tell if it is raining or not, then add the sea spray.....
Wonderful presents guess after a while they won't be worth picking up, but for now the novelty has not worn off.
Ok, you can't see much here but I tell you I saw at least 2 dolphins swimming along. I didn't know there were dolphins in the Chesapeake Bay! Sorry Rachel I woke you up to share but I was so excited!! Thanks for listening.
They swam right between the end of the Riff Raff (is that how that is said?) and the boat out there.
Then came a barge passing the Coast Guard boat the small boat in front is the Norfolk Police.
This may look like it is out of order but I climbed up on the big rocks to see the boats in the inlet then back down to the beach to get the walk way home.
This watermelon looks like a volunteer that has a slim chance of actually growing the little melon to maturity.
Walk way home
Another day (today actually Saturday with LaVar )
We often see this Jelly Fish parts.Crabs this one is not alive but there are many that are and always busy.
Sea Gulls also busy
This is the first whole jelly fish we have seen. LaVar got these pictures with all of its parts. What "eats" it that on the beach only that one part is left to litter the beach?
See the tenticals that are wrapped on top of him and his "intestines"?
Labor day is a great time to take out the boats and there were so many.
The Kayak is more our speed and we hope to get a couple of those come spring time.
Man fishing across the streetMore Gifts from the Sea!
Jake notice the rock with that is hollow. I put a shell in it so you can see that it is empty. There is a piece of sea glass and just little shells of all kinds and a bit of sand too. Just a bit of a collection. Thanks for sharing with me. We are loving it here, most moments. I wish I could share the cool breeze and the friendly neighborhood, but many of you have the latter also.
#441162 - Latkes Smoked salmon Board for Hanukkah
-
[image: 1085274]
How to put together an EPIC Latkes, Smoked Salmon, and Caviar Board for
Hanukkah
craving more? check out TasteSpotting
5 years ago
6 comments:
We loved seeing what your daily adventures brought in. Jake was in pain looking at all of the cool things...he's ready to come be your neighbor! (...If only)
I loved that post. I'm so happy for your new adventure. Some of the things you put on here brought back childhood memories like all of the jellyfish (getting stung wasn't so much fun though). I'll never forget floating with my brother on our rafts kind of far out and suddenly getting sprayed...it scared me to death until I realized it was a dolphin! Keep these posts coming!p.s.check your email for something I forwarded you from Jenny Blight!
Ollie says,
"Holy cowy. Did her have to put on goggles to see that?" (I think he means binoculars.) He was excited.
No Ollie, I thought the "black" thing that caught my eye was a bird going into the water, but it never came up and then I saw another flash and began to figure it out. I saw 2 fins at one point and REALLY wished I had binoculars to see them better.
Looks like so much fun! We are coming for Christmas!!!!
you found some neat stuff. (for Emmaline)
Post a Comment