We have been to the Freemason Abby in downtown Norfolk many times now, the first time was when LaVar just got off the George Washington. Not that he needed a scrumptus ( that is not how that is spelled) meal. They ate very good on that ship. Anyway, I was ready to splurge again for Wednesday "LOBSTER NIGHT". I made reservations early, got nicely dressed, and picked up LaVar and we headed out for the " best meal ever". We had in the back of our minds to ask people to surely make a Wednesday stay when they came so we could repeat this wonderful experience with whomever. Well they brought the salad and that was wonderful as ever, then they brought us this whole lobster, eye balls, legs, full body, on a huge plate. The tail was stuffed with blackfin crab. I noticed that my fellow had what looked like Guacamole smeared all over the main tail section. HUmmmm, LaVar's didn't and so I asked the waiter who was more that willing to tell me that it is "tamale" (have no idea how that is spelled), and that it is whatever was in his intestines. OK! that was revolting enough, but at $19.00 a dish you just suck that up, just an expression not the facts. However the next thing I was going to eat was the claw since the tail section was going to take some guts, ok I meant that to have a double meaning. Well, this jelly like thing was now on my fork, what to do? I thought nothing could taste bad with drawn butter on it right? AAaah, yeah, I'll save you from a report on that but suffice it to say, I didn't eat the other claw and went for the potatoes and string beans ( that were excellent by the way) I rationed those out to clean my palate between bites of salt water tasting tamale mixed with wonderful crab meat (not eyeing me from my plate with out legs, antennea, and other body parts). Ok that is enough for you to get the idea. We will not be taking any novice to sea food eater, like us, to any wonderful restaurants in the future, nor will we be repeating that experience is our sincere hope.
So sorry mister, or miss, lobster but your sacrifice and waste has saved other innocents from becoming our meals in the future.
#441162 - Latkes Smoked salmon Board for Hanukkah
-
[image: 1085274]
How to put together an EPIC Latkes, Smoked Salmon, and Caviar Board for
Hanukkah
craving more? check out TasteSpotting
5 years ago
5 comments:
It sounds disgusting!!! so sorry it wasn't wha tyou had planned...
Another hilarious post! Thanks for the laugh! That is sooo disgusting! You've reminded me why I hate seafood.
o that is sooo gross . It sounded like it would have been really good when you told me about it earlier. poor lobster
Yes, this is why I do not eat shellfish. Also why I do not eat food that is in it's original, living form, there's too much superfluous, yucky things to get past. Take it out, cut it up and serve it nice!
I love seafood, love shrimp, crab, Crayfish, oysters, (im getting hungry just thinking about 'm) I even like snails and frog (they count as seafood right?) But I've never had a lobster I liked. Go figure. Sorry yours were so gross.
Post a Comment