Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blast from the Past!!

We went out to a retirement party around Middlegate Nevada. It is out highway 50 dubbed "The loneliest road in America" and while there LaVar took me out to the "shoe tree". The only explanation I could think of was, when you live in a very desolate place, one has to think up things to do and look at so you will have something to talk about. Look how high some of these shoes are..... just how did they do that? We were amazed that some of the shoes looked like they were nice ones not just trash. Tennis shoes, cowboy boots, high heels and a few pieces of women's underwear. Just missing Nevada I guess since the weather forecast for it to rain here the next seven days. Aaah, better than the 98+ humidity and the heat near 100 I'm guessin'.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

this is an old picture that you just posted? 'cause if not, I'm lost.

I love that tree though... neatest thing I have seen lately. Some people must have had a really fun time getting their shoes way up there.

Collings Family said...

That is so funny! By the way, I like your new background.

Charlotte said...

I think people who have never driven through Nevada don't really know what "desolate" really is.