Sunday, January 13, 2008

We are LIVING in our LIVINGROOM

This weekend was a great one for us. For the most part we finished our last big project as far as rooms in our home go. I don't mean the yard because it is still just dirt... We ran out of wall paint because we didn't calculate that it would take 2 coats ( go figure... just didn't think about that) and we were short floor tiles because we changed the shape around the wood stove. When we were finished we just sat in it and admired it. We didn't want to leave, it has been a long time coming. We would like to thank-you Tyler for your wonderful advise, we just love it all and without your thinking about it we would never have chosen these colors and elements. We have all the trim to do through out the house and many more details to complete, but we feel quite accomplished. We didn't do a few things because we have chosen to work on the house, this last Saturday we were asked to go help with the clean-up in Fernley, we had Carlos already scheduled so we stayed home and finished this job. 

The end of the room that you don't see, has a "Tyler" dining table and chairs to seat 10. We actually need a larger table for the Sunday dinners we hope to host more often.  We are still sweeping up drywall dust... guess that's going to last awhile. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. The grandparents have had  a virus but they seem to be doing a bit better today. They didn't go to church nor are they going to the dinner. They are just loving their HDTV they feel pretty up-to-date.

LaVar vacuuming drywall dust again!












Carlos and LaVar begin the cork flooring















HOORAY!! A FINISHED ROOM
even the wood stove got a fresh coat of spray paint made for bar-B-ques and wood stoves. I'll let you know how it works.

4 comments:

Tyler H said...

It really looks GREAT!
I think most people don't realize it takes more coats of paint to do a darker color paint over lighter color than to do a lighter color over darker. The closer to white the more opaque the paint.
I have actually painted some brass fireplace surrounds using that high temp paint a mix of black white and silver to create a brushed pewter look. A nice change from the bass. definitely not recommending it for your stove. They seem to hold up pretty well. So I would expect your stove to do so as well, though I guess your stove is probably used more consistently and maybe goes hotter.

tim said...

Wow, I'm glad you went a little darker on the walls it really makes that room look so much more cozy, white always feels so harsh and cold. The room looks great. I can't wait to help you with your yard.

Unknown said...

Looks good guys!

Charlotte said...

It looks so good! So jealous that you are done all the rooms.