Like the song of John Denver sings about "West Virginia" but we know its just Virginia. These are pictures of a going away party. We squelch one offer and thought that it was done but the ladies got together for an afternoon party. Life is so busy this time of year, girls camp, scout camp , and on and on that we thought it would probably be best just to wish us good-bye and that would be just fine. ( Keep in mind I am a person who has had 2 going away parties in my lifetime where no one came.... uh, now just why would I want to try that again.) Anyway this one was well planned and just great. The setting was fabulous too.
On another note: we had a realtors tour this morning that went well, but I was so anxious, one man was heard to say, "We're not in Fallon anymore".
Others told us they saw it before we owned it and weren't anxious to come and see it again. She was amazed at it all the changes. They didn't see so many things about the house and I didn't get to explain to all of them about the insulation and the audio/visual stuff in the garage etc. All of that is in the write up about it though. But no one mentioned the broken glass in the front door either so that is good.
Tomorrow is Friday the 13th but I would swear today was, so many mishaps, so little time.
Alyssa and her family and Tyler and his are due tonight. We will go to California tomorrow and meet up with Tim and his family at the reunion.
We do now and soon will miss all of you that aren't there.
Soooo glad we will get to see Jaim and Jody, Rachel and Greg and Micah and Stephanie on our way to our new home. Where we intend to be VERY HAPPY.
This part is always the hardest. Just before you get truly gone. No the hardest may be when you are there but not settled yet. No friends can't find stores, doctors, dentists...anything....so yeah, Stephanie, Rachel, Laura, is that the harder time? I'm ok now thanks for listening, things are going to be just great.
#441162 - Latkes Smoked salmon Board for Hanukkah
-
[image: 1085274]
How to put together an EPIC Latkes, Smoked Salmon, and Caviar Board for
Hanukkah
craving more? check out TasteSpotting
5 years ago
2 comments:
I would say the days before you leave are the hardest. Even if you have fun with the people there you know you are leaving and the stress. Then when you get there it is so very slow and you don't know anyone- it is lonely. It is different but I hate the tired worn out stress more.
The hardest days were the unpacking, the first few days in the new place. Saying goodbye is hard, but there's so many people to help you, but when you are unpacking you are doing it solo. Then there's that lonely feeling like if you need someone, who do you call? No one, you don't have anyone yet, you know, and that's a hard feeling. Oh, don't get me started, we may be moving as soon as six months from now, and I'm not looking forward to it. I think it will be hard again, like it was two years ago.
Post a Comment