Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Great Falls, Virginia

We had a 24th of July Ward picnic at Great Falls Virginia. I know most of our kids had been there with scout troops, church groups, whatever, but I had never been. I just happened to be the hottest day of the year. We started early in the morning but by the time it ended at 12:00 it was already about 103 and the heat index was suppose to be more. I was a great time really. I understand that the water was really low and the falls are actually much more impressive. We will have to go again in the spring when there is more water. Notice how green the water is.....umm. 

We found this little spot up from the falls that is called "River Bend State Park" that has canoes to rent. That is my kind of adventure. Maybe we will go and do that one day.

2 comments:

Collings Family said...

Wow I've never been there either if you can believe it! Nice pictures! I do, however, recognize the river bend state park - we used to put our boat in there.

Alyssa said...

One of my fondest memories of VA is of Great Falls and an early morning breakfast and repelling trip. Sunrise and then down over those rocky cliffs--it was gorgeous and so fun!