Saturday, March 21, 2009

Two new Joys

These are gardenias that I didn't think would continue to grow let alone bloom. I have it in our bathroom, with a north facing window. 



There are actually eight buds on the plant so we can look forward to more as the summer goes on. They smell fabulous.  We love them.











 





This is my next pleasure. I found this fabric and made a new iron board cover. I really like to too and it was painfully easy.  There are so many fabulous fabrics out there and so little time...... 

6 comments:

Collings Family said...

LOVE Gardenias, and the fabric. I know what you mean about "so little time!"

Unknown said...

I was gonna say that too! I love gardenias! and the fabric is beautiful! NEat stuff... would almost make me want to iron... ALMOST =)

Alyssa said...

OH, I can almost smell that gardenia!!! Lovely and the ironing board looks great. I believe the painfully part:)

Laura said...

Did you buy a pattern or just use an old cover? Did you use ties or elastic or something else? There are so many wonderful fabrics out there. Where did you find this one?

Judy Huntzinger said...

Laura, love your interest. I used the old cover as a "pattern", (they had a pocket thing on the front underneath but I lined the whole thing with muslin and didn't use that pocket and decided to just press on, ( no pun intended) made just a casing and put string to use as a draw string. Our local fabric store carries the newest fabric, all so fun and cute!!

Charlotte said...

Great fabric. Maybe I should do that to inspire myself to "want" to iron. Just went on an ironing spree yesterday :/ LOVE gardenias. They remind me of our wedding. Must smell amazing.