Friday, October 31, 2008

Cold Cave Man

Dad and I hometeach this couple. He is about 84 years old and is a sweet Virginia Gentleman. During WWII he was a Naval Aviator. We got such a chuckle out of this because it just seems so out of character...... guess we just don't know him very well.


Dad just loved handing out candy and as the moms encouraged the children to only take one, he encouraged them to "take a few". Hey, that way we could turn off the lights early and stay upstairs. The candy was mostly gone before 8:00 pm. We had several groups come through. It was such a nice cool evening, not cold like sometimes it is. Hope everyone had a nice Halloween.

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

That costume reminds me of something Grandpa would wear!

Unknown said...

wow that is all I can say

Alyssa said...

Evan asked if that was Grandpa...if not, "then who is that crazy guy!?!?!" I think it's hilarious--that definately takes a strong sense of humor!--Looks like a fun halloween.