Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pearl of Great Price

I have been reading a blog that was linked to on Chason and Brook Hightower's Blog http://hightowerblog.blogspot.com/ ( Look there they have some great news)

It's called the Daily Scoop http://adailyscoop.blogspot.com/ I warn you now, it is very addictive. The writer Stephanie Waite writes about her feelings after one of her little girls drowned in their backyard spa in June. Since we are having a "nor-easter", this seemed like a good time to read a lot. I went back to June and have worked forward. I am not to the current post yet. I have found some real treasures there. Some from Stephanie herself and some through the comments. Sometimes she has upwards of 70 comments from people all over. This link is from one of the comments. Elder F. Enzio Busche came when they reorganized one of the stakes we were living in and I am thinking it was when LaVar was asked to be in the Yuma AZ Stake Presidency. He was a completely humble sweet man and I still think of some of the things he said and the way he said them. Here is an example that he has left us. Great words of counsel and sweet feeling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snAjZ8mfoYw

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

I found that blog when I was going through my crazy, postpartum fear that Tucker was going to die (amazing how many mommy bloggers have had kids die in freak accidents or stillbirth). Love lots of her posts.

Alyssa said...

I really enjoyed the youtube of those comments...I thinnk i'd like to have that on a continuous feed while falling to sleep & waking up everyday! thanks for sharing!

Alyssa said...

P.S. I hope you don't mind me mentioning, I remember him coming to Fredericksburg, VA. Elder Howard W. Hunter was in AZ...