These lovelys are just everywhere in the winter
we wonder if they bloom always or just in winter. Cala Lillies are our favorite flower though we love others, these are such a joy to see, and many of them are quite large. Bigger than the florist sells in the US.I have always found cemeteries interesting places. In some there is real peace, some you can see the true sadness in loosing loved ones to death and other headstones are an attempt at humor..... all seem to tell a story.
This is our lunch treat! Elder Huntzinger gets an egg roll and I tried a mince pie. Mince is actually hamburger and it tasted somewhat like a pot pie, some are better than others but they don't give you a fork to eat it with and judging from the look on the ladies face someone that just bought food and asks for a napkin is quite a puzzle to them. A "napkin" is a baby diaper, and a "servette" is a table napkin. Elder Huntzinger corrected it because I was just laughing at the mistake.
It's scenes like this that reminds me that we aren't in the US anymore. Rolling green hills "terraced" sort of and GREEN. With this much rain everything should be green. Moss grows on the asphalt streets where the cars don't go. Curtains mold and things on the porch get musty smelling easily. The ground is just saturated with the water. Even if it looks solid to walk on it is quickly obvious that it is deep mud.
We then went to a little shop in the town and bought a bag of crisps, (potato chips) and we got an orange and chocolate ice cream cone. The ice cream here is just wonderful, light not heavy cream and light also on the sugar, it seems to me.
The trip to Huia reminded us of the "Road to Hana" on the Island of Maui with Tim and Micah, years ago. The road was very curvey and the vegetation came right to the road. The trees were very different than we normally see in town and there were huge ferns that were about the size of trees. We loved our Preparation Day (P) day activity on our trip to the Manakau Heads, which is the narrow mouth to the Manakau Habor which we see from our west facing windows. They are called heads because they are mountains on each side of the harbor.
P.S. this blog site is being very hard to use. Stephanie suggested I try another one which I just might do. I will update here if I make the change.
1 comments:
Wow is everything so GREEN or what? I love hearing about your new adventure! Keep the posts coming!
I always think of you when I think of Cala Lillies. Isn't that funny?
p.s.Your "napkin" story made me laugh so hard!
Post a Comment