Sunday, October 31, 2010

Great Plan of Happiness! Part One

 This blog thing changes every time I use it. Perhaps I need to blog more often to keep more current, however it seems that they are making it easier to do... so I have really lost nothing. GOOD FOR THEM, so glad it is easier and thus quicker also.
The plan here is to post pictures and add some sentimental additions as we go along.
I am very glad to go visiting, I love it sooo much, but when I come home I realize all that I am missing in your lives. This has always been true, even when so many of us lived in the same house, but now it just seems so sad.
When I went to California to visit with Tim's family we went to downtown San Diego and got to see the Mormon Battalion museum. It was so fun, at first Sam wanted to just go home, and we could sympathize with that but in all we had a good time.
 There are homes and a Jewish church building that they have near the museum. They must have brought these in a few years ago, but now they are painting them in what seemed to be original color combinations and wonderful landscaping. They whole area is just wonderful. Sam wanted to take some pictures of us.
 Glad Hadley came for this picture, it was a great place to explore. Sam did a good job taking pictures.
Sam was interested in this cupboard


 This was my favorite house.  Some of these will be Bed and Breakfasts.
 We were finished with the tour and it was time to go out panning for gold. It was also raining. The kids didn't seem to mind and the missionary sister was kind to indulge us.
Sam has gotten really good a posing for pictures. 
 Tim is a cub scout leader and Sam is a cub scout. At Sam's request I went with them one night. I took my crocheting and one boy asked Sam  "does your grandma knit you things?" Sam said, "no". When someone lives in Southern California what does one need knitted? I was making a scarf, and from what I have been hearing this winter is going to be a cold one. I will be glad for the scarf crocheted in the late summer.



 




 One day after picking Hadley up from pre-school we went to a little park that is close and played in this little area with her friends and then we went to feed the ducks.
 I figured that there would be some down time so I brought the hat looms. Hadley helped me finish up this little baby hat.
They surprised me by being interested to do a hat on their own. I would wrap the yard and they would flip the yarn over the pegs with the special hook. Hadley is only four but she was able to do it and interested in it. I was really surprised when Sam wanted to do some. Now I have heard that the church is not collecting these for Humanitarian Aid. That was disappointing. 
This was the evening before Laura and little Miles got to come home. That is the second part of this blog..... to be continued

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

I didn't know they had a Mormon Battalion museum. Sounds like fun. Have you seen any of the books with all the fun things you can do with the hat looms and in particular the long looms? I think you can do just about anything that you knit. The girls and I are thinking of getting some of them.

Laura said...

I love the pic of the kids knitting on the looms, that's cool! Maybe I should get them some! And of course you HAD to post one of me in my glory and postpartum-ness. ugh. Well, it's the sacrifice we make. Thanks again for coming, the kids are hoping you come again soon (like for the Holidays).

Alyssa said...

Enjoyed all of the photos! Even laura's postpardumness you look very VICTORIOUS! It is so fun to see how the trip went! Sounds like you kept busy at every turn.