I forgot to post what the pathology report said about my thyroid. The sweet surgeon, did I tell how young that guy looks, yeah, really young, however he told us that he would be happy to give us the written report but that we "wouldn't understand even a third of what is said." I am happy to report that a man with a PHD in Economics and a simple mortal did in fact understand it. What it said was that the "cancerous nodule was .6 mm" down from the 1.3 mm that was measured in the ulta-sound, no lymph nodes were abnormal therefore none were taken out and the cancer is believed not to have spread. The endocrinologist did not suggest any further treatment, ie. the swallowing of radio active iodine, he also put me on a thyroid hormone that they get from pigs, and whatever dosage he started with is doing great! I believed as he said too, that it would probably take about 6 weeks to 3 months to get it right, but that it would work out eventually. Well, not sure how it is, but I can't think how I could feel any better than I do right now. He must have gotten it right the first try, Amazing!
Glad that is all behind us. We did have some learning experiences and attitude adjustments that were a challenge, glad to have those in the past also. Now we are again ready to live life with this new perspective. Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers, we felt them.
#441162 - Latkes Smoked salmon Board for Hanukkah
-
[image: 1085274]
How to put together an EPIC Latkes, Smoked Salmon, and Caviar Board for
Hanukkah
craving more? check out TasteSpotting
5 years ago
4 comments:
That is GREAT news! So glad that you're feeling great and everything looked as good as it did.
So glad to see the details and interesting to see it shrunk...good work!
Just stopped by your blog for an update on the Huntzingers. So thankful and happy to hear everything is going so well!!
Such good news! What a relief! And especially glad to hear you're feeling relatively well. I've been praying for you.
Post a Comment