Monday, May 24, 2010

Take Out!

Thyroidectomy~Yup, there it is.
When they find thyroid cancer the treatment is to take it out. I will be put on a synthetic hormone replacement for the rest of my life and that is it. The recovery is suppose to be a few days and the adjusting the hormone takes awhile. The trouble is, I have no symptoms, I don't feel sluggish, nervous or in any kind of pain. It has been hard to really believe there is any problem. Couldn't I just go on living as I have and not do anything? Just a thought. Cancer travels, I like to travel, I can understand that, but it has no grandchildren to find joy in visiting does it?? No,  just growth where there shouldn't be growth, that stinks. This whole thing stinks, but hey, as they say, "if you had to have cancer, this would be the very best one to choose". Does anyone else think that is a perfectly ridiculous thing to say, let alone to even think?
So surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, May 26th

7 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Good luck! We will be thinking about you and praying that everything goes great with the surgery.

Collings Family said...

You're in my prayers Sis. H.
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Unknown said...

We love you and look forward to your travels :) We're praying for a good surgery and fast adjustment for the rest of the story.

Alyssa said...

you know that was really me...but i'm sure she'd say somethign similar

Unknown said...

hahah lys- Aynsley sounds quite grown up! We love you mom.

Laura said...

We love you! Thanks for calling today, glad everything went well. We're praying for your speedy recovery!

Terry said...

Thought of you all day yesterday - hope all went well and your recovery is short and the 'adjustments' don't take too long. Hope to see you at the reunion!