Now see this is what Charlotte was talking about! I thought I had blogged about this last week! The blogs you make in your head and you think you did them. Well, Mark Jenkins, LaVar's cousin Kim (Cecile's oldest Brother Bob and Roses oldest son) and Jeanie Jenkins youngest son, is in the Marine Corps band he plays the Ephonium (small tuba). He stayed with us several years ago when he came to audition for the band.
Mark invited us to come to Wolf Trap when we saw him at Vonn's funeral in Nevada. I had been wanting to go to Wolf Trap since we came back from Albuquerque and never really had a chance. Well, last Sunday was our chance to go to a Marine Corps Christmas Sing-along!! We dressed warmly, grabbed our bells, candles and met Micah and Stephanie there.

It was a bit chilly by the time it was over but we had a good time ringing our bells and were glad we brought blankets. It had snowed a few days before and there were some people sitting in the snow, even though there were seats "under cover". Did I mention that this was an outside venue? Ya, it was outside.

After all these Christmas carols, that were actually about Christ and a few Hannaka songs we lit our candles and left singing " Silent Night". We didn't actually hang around to talk with Mark after the performance, it as getting colder. We also were not sure he could come see us. (His cell phone was turned off and the sing was so loud we couldn't have heard him anyway)
3 comments:
Oh thanks for posting! I have a lot of fond memories of summer plays at Wolf Trap. I love that I can live out some of my VA memories through you!
Dad is so cute and steph is just darling in that hat! I'm glad you guys had fun it sounded neat.
looks so fun ...and cold(burr) It was fun to hear the music--thanks for the message! I'm glad you a living it up in your new metro-shick life:)
Post a Comment