I thought "Liberating" would be spelled "Relief" but right now if feels more like "Loss".
We have worked at getting rid of stuff for eighteen days now and there is still, too much for this small space. We have a storage unit stuffed full also so it's not that we are nearly finished. I mentioned what we are trying to do, to get rid of stuff, to our Bishop and he was amazed to think I would not understand people here need stuff. He took an outdoor table and chairs somewhere and seemed happy to have them. So that is the emotional part of it. I have known people to have their things sold at auctioned in their front yards to pay debts. I have heard of a guy that just called the Salvation Army to come and get all he didn't want to move "one more time". I heard of a family that had a large truck backed into their garage and the thieves took everything. A neighbor lost everything in a fire, not to mention the DeHarts fiasco with their fire..... I think we have the best of all worlds with giving it away, thanks Stephanie and Micah, but I guess this adjustment is just what I need to let go of all my "precious lovelys".
Our next move will not be 14,500 lbs and take a semi. That's a good thing right? I tried in Fallon to be surrounded by only the things "we loved" well that is now a step farther, giving even the loved things away. M&S said they are only storing these things for us and we could have then back anytime, that is a nice way to think about it.
I have loaded these pictures backwards. Well starting from the hallway, it looks like a nice hotel hall but people have personalized their doors with wreaths, door mats and some decorations that is kind of fun.
I have loaded these pictures backwards. Well starting from the hallway, it looks like a nice hotel hall but people have personalized their doors with wreaths, door mats and some decorations that is kind of fun.
Jim Dodd sat at one trailer watching the loading, we hired two guys from the ward to help. Stephanie was the director and LaVar loaded the Penske truck for the storage unit. That stuff never needed to touch the ground they took it from one truck to another. Guess they have done things like this before.
Our friend Sandy Dodd helped unpack the kitchen which looks horrible now but without that head start we wouldn't have found anything and would have not been able to move around, not an exaggeration really.
However, in all this chaos the Lord still was able to work a miracle. One of the movers saw an article I had set out for Sandy to read if she had time, "Lessons from the Liberty Jail" by Elder Holland ( a wonderful article by the way!). Nothing about "Mormon" or Joseph Smith on the cover, so how did he know?? Anyway he asked Sandy if we were Mormon or Jewish? She answered him and he told her that he had been dating a member and he had been trying to get someone to come and talk with him about the church and couldn't find anyway to do that. So the Lord helped him. By the end of the day we had given him a Book of Mormon and I got his information to give to the missionaries. Missionary opportunities come at the most unexpected times. We knew where the Book of Mormon was because Micah had asked for one I had to give a co-worker and Stephanie had it in the truck. Just a series of orchestrated miracles that leads us to see a bigger picture.
Pictures of our beautiful foyers, they have heavy potporri (that's close to the spelling). That can be good and bad, but I am saying they work at trying to keep it nice.

Our doorway with a call box something like Seinfeld's only you scroll to find the number it calls me and I push 9 on my cell phone to let them in. Actually I could be in some place else and still let someone into the building.
Grand front of the building I don't know if anyone uses this entrance. I think it is beautiful.
This is a school that is right out of the garage and we see it as we go out and think of our precious grandsons. Hey, Sam and Tucker this is for you!
So all in all we are adjusting and making strides with arranging things. LaVar really likes his 10-15 minute commute to work.
I see that I have to make a catch up blog with the last visits in Norfolk and some fun pictures from Corpus, Fredericksburg and Michigan.
Until then, still looking for the liberating feeling............. maybe its just ME needing an adjustment.
5 comments:
Are you sure the sign only refers to one of your grandsons? I think there may be someone else that shares a name with that sign...
You are RIGHT!
Looks like a beautiful place. Maybe the loss feeling will soon be replaced by a new feeling of some type...I know iy's not easy, but hopefully it will be worth it!
There's an off chance that I might be related to the Samuel Tucker that school is named after. Some Tuckers did settle in Virginia. The next move is going to be a breeze! Seriously, keep reminding yourself of that. =)
I didn't know the place was THAT beautiful. Good luck
Post a Comment